HELP US END DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN SARNIA-LAMBTON BY PARTICIPATING IN WALK A MILE
Walk a mile hosted by the Women’s Interval Home will be a march where community members come together and walk 1 mile to raise awareness on domestic abuse and gender based violence. All funds raised will go directly to The Women’s Interval Home of Sarnia-Lambton to support women and children survivors of domestic violence.
When: Saturday, November 20, 2021 11:00am Registration, 12 NOON Walk
Where: Lambton Mall 1380 London Rd, Sarnia, ON
Fundraising Goal: $10,000 +
Register to Walk: Register as a single walker, or as a team (minimum 6 people).
Each participant is challenged to set a suggested fundraising goal of $100 or more through pledges. Prizes will be awarded to the top 2 walkers who raise the most through pledges.
Pictured: Walk a Mile in Her Shoes 2017
Those walking will be showing their support for survivors and raising awareness on domestic abuse and gender based violence. This year we are encouraging all walkers to walk whichever way they desire whether it be in runners, heels, flip flops, you name it!
Walk a Mile Registration Form
WHY IS THIS WALK IMPORTANT?
- 6000+ women and children sleep in shelters every night in Canada because they are escaping domestic violence at home.
- On average, every 2.5 days a woman in Canada is killed by her intimate partner.
- Since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, domestic violence rates throughout Canada have increased up to 30%.
- From January- March 2021 alone, there have been 10 confirmed femicides in Ontario.
- Each year, over 40,000 arrests result from domestic violence.
- The cost of violence against women in Canada in health care, criminal justice, social services and lost wages is $4.2 billion per year.
How to get involved
Are you a local organization or business and want to get involved with our event? There are a number of ways that you or your organization can participate to the Walk a Mile:
- Create a team of participants to walk for your organization
- Donate a prize that will be used for our silent auction
- Sponsor the event and have your company logo on the event banner which will be showcased in a window display in Lambton Mall, and included on all of our virtual landing pages. (Bronze sponsor= $250+ small sized logo displayed, Silver Sponsor = $500+ medium sized logo displayed, Gold Sponsor= $1000+ large sized logo displayed, and logo displayed our official event t-shirts given to each walker)
- Provide a monetary donation to contribute to the overall success of the event (tax receipts will be issued for donations of $20.00 or more)
Special thanks to our generous sponors