Transitional and Housing Support Program
Transitional and Housing Support Program is designed to provide support to women entering into or leaving shelter and to those in the community who are in need of support related to abuse in their lives. Risk assessments, safety planning and assistance with housing, Ontario Works and the legal system as well as other community supports are provided.
A transitional plan will identify short-term goals that you have for yourself and the concrete steps you need to take to be successful in achieving these goals.
- Risk assessment and safety planning for you and your children
- Connect you with our emergency shelter if you need a safe place to stay
- One-to-one counselling and support
- Transitional planning
- Help with finding a new place to live
- Help with financial support options
- Accompaniment, advocacy and referrals to police, court, hospital, lawyers, social services and community agencies by staff.
- We can book a 30 minute consult with a lawyer from a Legal Advice Clinic
- Support and referrals for immigration services.
- Workshops – throughout the year there will be various workshops on specific topics of interests related to women’s experience. See the calendar for upcoming workshops.
- Help with victim impact statements and court preparation
All our services are free and confidential. Interpreters and childcare can be arranged when necessary.
For more information about this service, please contact the Transitional and Housing Support Caseworker at (519) 336-5200 ext. #231 or Toll free 1-800-265-1412