2019 Walk A Mile in Her Shoes
Thank you for your interest in the Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event! We are very excited as our 7th annual event is taking place on Saturday, April 6th at Lambton Mall.
If you are returning this year – welcome back! Please remember, this is a great opportunity to enter a team in the event.
If you are a new walker – welcome! Please feel free to invite friends, family and coworkers to join you.
How do you join Walk a Mile in Her Shoes?
1. Register by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (519) 336-5200 ext. 229
2. Solicit pledges from your friends, family, coworkers, etc.
3. Find some friends to make a team or challenge others to walk with you
4. Arrive at 11:00am on Saturday, April 6 for registration – coming early will ensure that your heels fit, that we can collect your donation and enter you into our draw for some door prizes
5. Come join the after party at Boston Pizza – free appetizers and soft drinks!
Why should you walk?
Everyone has a mother, sister, wife, daughter or a woman in their life that they care about. Supporting the Women’s Interval Home and Sexual Assault Survivors’ Centre through this fundraiser and awareness event allows the Home and Centre to continue their integral work in our community. The Vision of the Sexual Assault Survivors’ Centre is to see a world where all people live free of sexual violence and oppression. The Mission of the Women’s Interval Home is to provide a safe alternative to an abusive family setting and to enhance personal dignity by working towards the elimination of family violence.
What programs will you be supporting at the Women’s Interval Home?
• 24 hour emergency shelter
• Women’s Support Group – group allowing women to share their experience and learn to avoid abusive environments and relationships in a confidential and supportive setting
• Child Witness Program – counselling for children between 4 and 16 who have witnessed abuse
• Youth Relationship Program – for teens of both genders to learn how to define a health relationship
• Life Skills – teaching a variety of topics to women of all ages
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on April 6th, 2019!