To provide an immediate, safe alternative to an abusive family setting for women and children, and to enhance personal dignity by working towards the elimination of family violence.
- To interrupt the cyclical pattern of violence in present and future generations.
- To encourage the adoption of more effective, non-violent communication within the family.
- To provide women and children with a safe and supportive environment in which to define their own needs, make decisions, and work towards the achievement of personal goals.
- To act as a liaison and advocate for families with the existing community service network.
- To increase public awareness and understanding of the problem of family violence.
- To strive to improve the quality of life for women, children and the society in which they live through the elimination of family violence.