Welcome to The Women’s Interval Home of Sarnia-Lambton Inc. Website
Our trained counsellors provide support, information, and advocacy to women experiencing abuse.
Women’s Interval Home staff receive specialized training in order to assist women with their housing, legal, financial, and safety planning needs.
Confidential, non-judgmental counselling is provided to residential and non-residential clients at no charge.
To provide an immediate, safe alternative to an abusive family setting for women and children, and to enhance personal dignity by working towards the elimination of family violence.
- To interrupt the cyclical pattern of violence in present and future generations.
- To encourage the adoption of more effective, non-violent communication within the family.
- To provide women and children with a safe and supportive environment in which to define their own needs, make decisions, and work towards the achievement of personal goals.
- To act as a liaison and advocate for families with the existing community service network.
- To increase public awareness and understanding of the problem of family violence.
- To strive to improve the quality of life for women, children and the society in which they live through the elimination of family violence.
The Women’s Interval Home of Sarnia-Lambton offers:
- Emergency shelter services to women and children 24 hours a day more info
- 24-hour crisis / support line
- Transitional Support and Housing Program more info
- Support Groups more info
- Child Witness – individual and group counseling more info
- W.O.M.E.N. On The Move Employment Program more info
24 hour Crisis Line (519) 336-5200 or Toll free 1-800-265-1412